Congo — Festivals and Events
The Congolese observe various religious and secular celebrations, most of which involve traditional rituals, exciting parades, singing, dancing, cultural showcases, as well as feasting on delicacies and large animals.
National holidays remember many important points in Congo history:
- Commemoration of the Martyrs of Independence, January 4
- Anniversary of the New Constitution, June 24
- Independence Day, June 30
- Armed Forces’ Day, November 17.
- New Year’s Day, January 1
- Labor Day, May 1
- Parents’ Day, August 1
- Youth Day, October 17
- Christmas Day, December 25 is also widely celebrated by the Catholic and Protestant majority.