Israel — Travel Tips
- Electricity comes as 220V/50Hz, and plugs have either two or three round pins
- Don’t drink or carry alcohol in Muslim areas as it’s forbidden under Islamic law
- Wi-Fi and internet cafés are found in cities and towns, but not in remote areas
- Wear respectable clothing when visiting religious sites or Mea Shearim and keep your shoulders covered. Men should also wear a head covering.
- Don’t photograph ultra-religious Jews and Christians as it is considered offensive
- Even though it may get extremely hot in the summer, wear sleeves when hiking to prevent dehydration.
Tel Hashomer Hospital: +972-3-530-3030
Australian Embassy: +972-3-695-0451
Canadian Embassy: +972-3-636-3300
UK Embassy: +972-3-725-1222
USA Embassy: +972-519-7575
Tel Aviv Airport Taxi: +972-866-3073