- Choose high-speed train travel for mid-range distances rather than domestic flights
- If travelers prefer bus travel, opt for a sleeper bus, complete with bunk beds
- Bicycles are a safe and easy way to explore cities in China
- Domestic air tickets should be purchased in China, rather than in a foreign country to save money
- Purchase train, air and bus tickets well in advance if visiting China during peak holiday seasons.
Police: 110 Emergency: 119 (Fire department) 120 (Ambulance) Peking Union Medical College Hospital: +86-10-6529-6114 Shanghai United Family Hospital: +86-21-2216-3900 Canadian Embassy: +86-10-5139-4000 Australian Embassy: +86-10-5140-4111 U.K Embassy: +86-10-5192-4000 US Embassy: +86-10-8531-3000 Shanghai Bashi Taxi: +86-21-6384-1890