Travel to the top of the world with us. You’ll cross the Arctic Circle and pay a visit to a local reindeer farm. Board a mighty icebreaker for a trip into the Gulf of Bothnia. In the far north of Finland, embark on a three-stage arctic adventure through the wintry terrain, with legs by snowmobile, husky- pulled sled and colorful Lapp sledge. A highlight of your adventure will be an unforgettable night in Sweden’s grand ICEHOTEL.
DAYS 1 - 3
On Day 2 arrive in Stockholm, the sophisticated capital of Sweden. You will be greeted at the airport and transferred to your luxury hotel. On Day 3 visit Stockholm’s treasures. See the Gold Room in City Hall, where Nobel Prizes are presented each year. Take a walking tour of Old Town (Gamla Stan) with its narrow and winding streets and buildings from the Middle Ages, the Royal Palace and Stockholm Cathedral.
Grand Hotel, Stockholm
Kiruna Jukkasjärvi, Sweden
Enjoy a leisurely breakfast before your flight to Kiruna. It’s the center of research on the Northern Lights, and the winter sky is often lit up by the amazing Aurora Borealis. Transfer from Kiruna to the quaint, small village of Jukkasjärvi by dog sled. Spend the night in the ICEHOTEL where you’ll stay as warm as toast on a solid bed of ice insulated by soft mattresses and reindeer hides inside your specially designed sleeping bag.
DAYS 5 & 6
After breakfast at the ICEHOTEL enjoy another chance to explore the Lapland wilderness on a snowmobile safari. Ride past picturesque villages and reindeer herds to Hetta. Lapps gather here from Norway, Sweden and Finland for the festive St. Maria’s Day celebration, and will be wearing their colorful, traditional clothing. Enjoy the celebration and join the local people in eating, drinking and good cheer.
Lapland Hotel, Hetta
DAYS 7 & 8
Drive to Muonio and visit the Kiela Naturium. At the planetarium become acquainted with Lappish “elements,” such as the Northern Lights. Take a Husky safari through a snow-covered landscape. Tonight, visit the Kongas Village to enjoy a special dinner at a local restaurant.
Hotel K5, Levi
DAYS 9 & 10
Levi, Tornio, Kemi Haparanda, Sweden
Drive to the village of Levi for this afternoon’s snowmobile safari. On Day 10 travel to Ajos Harbor for an icebreaker cruise and lunch on board. Then visit the “SnowCastle” in Kemi.
Haparanda Stadshotell, Haparanda
DAYS 11 & 12
This morning take a leisurely drive towards Rovaniemi, into a magical kingdom of snow and ice igloos. Stop for lunch at the Igloo Restaurant, dining on ice tables. After lunch, learn how to drive and lasso reindeer at the Salla Reindeer Farm. On Day 12 you’ll meet Santa himself at his workshop on the Arctic Circle in Santa Claus Village.
Clarion Hotel Santa Claus, Rovaniemi
DAYS 13 - 15
Helsinki Depart for Home
Visit the highlights of Helsinki including Temppeliaukio Rock Church, Senate Square, Uspensky Cathedral, ice breakers, ship yards, and the Sibelius Monument in Sibelius Park. On Day 15 you will be taken to the airport for your flight home or on to your next destination.
Hotel Kamp, Helsinki
March 19, 2012
From $14,990.00 per person double occupancy.
From $1,990.00 single room supplement.
- Deluxe rooms in the best available hotels
- Three meals per day, including our unique Dine-Around program that lets you enjoy any restaurant you choose with à la carte dining, or relax with room service when available*
- A professional Travel Director as your personal concierge
- Local sightseeing with professional English-speaking guides with unparalleled knowledge, including entrance fees for places visited
- Active participation and up-close encounters to experience the cultures of your journey
- Bottled water, soft drinks, coffee and tea included with meals; bottled water during sightseeing excursions
- All gratuities to hotel and restaurant staff and local guides and drivers
- Group or individual airport transfers on arrival and departure flights
- TheTravcoAssist Travel Protection Plan, including emergency medical evacuation insurance coverage for injury or illness, and 24-hour Worldwide Live Travel Assistance through Travel Guard Assistance
*Due to remote or undeveloped locations on some journeys, accommodations may not always meet Western standards. Dine-Around opportunities will be limited in remote or unsecured locations.
All prices are in US dollars and do not include international airfare, unless otherwise noted.
Prices displayed are based on the lowest season base price and assume double occupancy. Prices are shown in U.S. dollars and may or may not include administrative fees, taxes, meals, airfare (where applicable) and Single Supplements. Cancellation penalties, blackout dates and other restrictions may apply.