Further Weekend / City Escapes Travel Information
- AA Weekend Escapes Travel Guides
- The UK’s Automobile Association has a Weekend Escapes series focused on short getaways from many major European cities, as well as other locations scattered throughout the world.
- Arthur Frommer’s Budget Travel Magazine
- Budget travel tips, finding the best deals, the best weekend trips, advice on trip planning, and a wide variety of other features.
- Backpacker Magazine
- US based backpacking magazine that features in depth trip reports, gear reviews, contests, photos, and even the occasional feature or blurb on short city getaways.
- The Everything Family Guide to the Caribbean: A Complete Guide to the Best Resorts, Beaches and Attractions - Island by Island! by Jason Rich
- An island by island breakdown of the Caribbean with families and beaches in mind. Reviews of resorts, cities, restaurants, and stretches of sand.
- Fodor’s Where to Weekend Guides
- This series from one of the world’s major guidebook publishers explores weekend destinations from NYC, Ohio, Chicago, Washington D.C., and Boston.
- Frommer’s Wonderful Weekends Series
- Great guidebook series exploring weekend retreats I major world cities including NYC, Boston, Washington D.C., and even a book on escapes from NYC without wheels.
- Open Road’s Best Of Series by Open Road Publishing
- This small series focuses on highlights from major destinations such as Paris and Spain outlined in short itineraries such as one-day, weekend, one-week & two-week trips.
- The Practical Nomad: How to Travel Around the World by Edward Hasbrouck.
- Travel Guru Edward Hasbrouck teaches you how to travel around the world by explaining trip planning, location choices, and how to take the best independent adventure.
- Quick Escapes Guide
- This series from Globe Pequot press explores short trip ideas from many major North American cities such as Chicago, Philadelphia, New York City, and the Pacific Northwest.
- Travel + Leisure Magazine
- The focus is on luxury and relaxation, not just beaches but beaches are a key element. This is where to go to find the most exotic and chic resort hotels.
- Love Tripper (http://www.lovetripper.com)
- Trip planning website helping to extend your honeymoon to any given weekend. Range of features based on budget and destination, among other things.
- World’s Most Beautiful Beaches (http://www.worldmostbeautifulbeaches.com)
- Beautifully designed website highlighting the top beaches all over the world with many best of lists, news reports, and water sports information.
- Europe for Visitors (http://www.europeforvisitors.com)
- Durant Imboden’s website dedicated to all things travel on the European continent with tens of thousands of pages, including many on short getaways and weekend excursions.
- All Getaways (http://www.allgetaways.com)
- Trip planner for weekend getaways from major cities and regions in the United States, Canada, and Caribbean. Mostly has links to travel guide passages, but gets the job done.
- California Weekend Getaways (http://www.californiaweekend.com)
- Online magazine with loads of features for weekend trip ideas throughout California. Large getaway database, news, city profiles, and value packages.
- Escape Maker (http://www.escapemaker.com)
- Focused on the east coast of the United States, this trip planning website gives you ideas based on the radius from major cities. Ski trips, vineyard tours, last minute trips, gay travel, events, spas, lodging information and much more.