Further Spiritual and Meditation Travel Information
- Fit Yoga Magazine
- A well known yoga publication that focuses on the health benefits of yoga. This is what the yoga instructor at your gym loves to read.
- The Language Of Yoga: Complete A to Y guide to Asana Names, Sanskrit Terms, and Chants by Nicolai Bachman
- A Yoga encyclopedia and Sanskrit reference that is on the book shelf of many yoga students and teachers around the world.
- Light on Yoga: The Bible of Modern Yoga by B. K. S. Iyengar and Yehudi Menuhin
- Light on Yoga is the definite guide to the ancient art of yoga. Written by two of the leaders in the field, the book shows complete descriptions and illustrations of all the positions and breathing exercises mentioned.
- Teaching Yoga: Exploring the Teacher-Student Relationship by Donna Farhi
- A book that sets professional standards for yoga teachers and offers an array of advice for starting your own yoga classes, teaching methods, student-teacher relationships, and general how-to guidelines.
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff, Amy Matthews, and Sharon Ellis
- This guide to yoga gives expert instruction and full-color, detailed anatomical drawings to many of the most common asanas to give a deeper understanding of the structures and principles of each movement.
- Yoga as Medicine: The Yogic Prescription for Health and Healing by Yoga Journal and Timothy Mccall
- This guide by the editor of Yoga Journal teaches how to start and maintain a healthy yoga lifestyle and heal through yoga in straight medical terms.
- Yoga Journal
- This leading publication of yoga practices and teachings is widely regarded in the field. Features are written by leading yoga specialist and authorities on yoga exercises, retreats, methods, Q&A’s, and gear reviews.
- Amrit Yoga Institute (http://www.amrityoga.org)
- Developed by Yogi Amrit Desai (Gurudev), Amrit Yoga is the evolution of Kripalu Yoga, Meditation in Motion. Links to events, teachings, training and more from one of the most recognized yoga organizations in the world.
- Daily Zen (http://www.dailyzen.com)
- The daily zen is simply a different zen quote every day.
- Dharmaweb (http://www.dharmaweb.org)
- Dharmaweb is an online community for Buddhists worldwide, providing news, audio dharma, articles, books, practice resources and more.
- Everything Yoga Blog (http://www.itsallaboutyoga.com)
- The motto of this yoga blog is “Do Yoga, Live Yoga, Be yoga.” Loads of postings on gear, methods, training, and more.
- Of Spirit and Soul (http://www.ofspiritandsoul.com)
- A general website dedicated to dozens of different forms of spirituality. Completely non-denominational with information on everything from astral travel to trance healing.
- Spafinder (http://www.spafinder.com)
- A comprehensive listing of spas including day spas, vacation spas, medical spas, and spa treatments, as well as spiritual retreats and getaways.
- Yoga Journal (http://www.yogajournal.com)
- The website of this leading yoga magazine has many of the same articles as the print version but also includes newsletters, blogs, surveys, event listings, and numerous multimedia features.
- Yoga Like Salt (http://www.yogalikesalt.com)
- Popular yoga blog written by a Northern California yoga teacher. Basic posts about types of yoga, daily life of a yoga teacher, training techniques, and health.