Further Skiing Travel Information
Recommended Skiing Books
- The Art of Snowboarding by Jim Smith
- Guide to snowboarding written by USSA-certified club coach Jim Smith detailing tricks, stunts, jumps, freestyle riding, and rails.
- Backcountry Skiing: Skills for Ski Touring and Ski Mountaineering by Martin Volken, Scott Schell, and Margaret Wheeler
- All around guide to backcountry skiing.
- The Complete Book of the Winter Olympics, Turin 2006 by David Wallechinsky and Jaime Loucky
- Everything you could ever want to know about the past Winter Olympics in Turin, Italy.
- The Essential Guide to Skiing: 201 Things Every Skier Must Know by Ron LeMaster
- Authoritative guide with many must need to know tips for skiers.
- Fodor’s Skiing USA: The Guide for Skiers and Snowboarders
- Ski and snowboard resort travel guide from one of the world’s favorite guidebook publishers.
- The Great Skiing & Snowboarding Guide 2007 by Felice Hardy and Peter Hardy
- The most recently updated ski and snowboard guide covering destinations around the world.
- Powder Mag (http://www.powdermag.com)
- Labeled "the skiers magazine." Resort guides, features, snow reports, gear reviews and a great website make this one of the top ski magazines.
- Skiing Magazine
- The leading magazine in the ski industry today with tips, gear reviews, resort information, classifieds, and well written features with photos from top photographers.
- Skiing Zen: Searching for the Spirituality of Sport by Rick Phipps
- Memoir of one man’s ski adventure in Japan with insights into both culture and sport.
- The Ski House Cookbook: Warm Winter Dishes for Cold Weather Fun by Tina Anderson and Sarah Pinneo
- This cookbook has 125 different recipes to get you ready for the slopes or to share with friends after.
- Snowboarding Magazine
- This US based magazine is among the best geared specifically toward snowboarders. Alternative and edgy with photo issues and other special features.
- Snowboarding to Nirvana by Frederick Lenz
- Spiritual memoir, by the author of Surfing the Himalayas, that takes one man on a soul search to snowboard deep into the Himalayas.
Useful Skiing Websites
- Doglotion (http://www.doglotion.com)
- Extreme skiing and snowboarding blog with videos and images.
- SkiNet (http://www.skinet.com)
- Feature articles, up to date snow reports, top ten lists, videos, a gear finder, a resort finder, and much more. Great online resource.
- Transworld Snowboarding (http://www.transworldsnowboarding.com)
- Highly graphic and interactive website of leading snowboarding magazine.
- Ski Rebel Magazine (http://www.skirebel.com)
- Canadian based ski ezine and blog with videos, podcasts, and destination specific reports.
- U.S. Ski Team (http://www.usskiteam.com)
- Homepage of the United States’ Ski Team with team backgrounds, event information, news, and photos.
- Ski.com.au (http://www.ski.com.au)
- The leading Aussie ski and snowboarding information portal with snow reports, snowcams and weather forecasts for Thredbo, Perisher, Buller, Hotham and Fallscreek.
- Mattias Fredriksson (http://www.mattiasfredriksson.com)
- Homepage of one of the world’s best ski and snowboard photographers with many excellent samples that will give you a new perspective on these winter sports.
- Ultimate Ski (http://www.ultimate-ski.com)
- Online guide to the best ski and snowboarding resorts across the globe.