Further Multi-Sport Travel Information
Recommended Multi-Sport Books
- Gordon’s Guide to Adventure Vacations
- A definitive guide to adventure travel featuring unique family getaways and recreational companies. Covers the entire United States and Canada, Europe and other destinations.
- The Athletic-Minded Traveler, by Paul Huddle and Jim Kaese
- A travel companion and advisor for anyone searching for reliable accommodation with convenient fitness venues in North America. Plan your vacation or business trip that is conducive to your healthy lifestyle.
- Triathlon and Multi-Activity Training Magazine Australia
- Includes regular features on physiology, biomechanics, nutrition, sports medicine, triathlete psychology and swimming, cycling and running training.
- Multi-Activity Training for Fitness, by Fiona Hayes
- A comprehensive book looking at the aspects of multi-sport training in your exercise regime from the point of view of both amateur and professional athletes.
- The Adventure Sports Directory: Providing the Tools for Adventure, by John Meredith Hardy
- Almost 50 adventure sports are covered in this guide mostly in the UK and Europe. A description of each sport is followed by a directory of where to go, how to do it and how much it costs.
- Sport and Travel, by Frederick Courtney Selous
- A first-hand account from explorer Frederick Selous, a British hunter and explorer and a renowned conservationist. He treks through Asia Minor pursuing wild goats and deer in the mountains of Turkey and travels to the US to find Bighorn sheep in the Rocky Mountains.
- Out of the Noosphere: Adventure, Sports, Travel, and the Environment: the Best of Outside Magazine, by Editors of Outside Magazine
- Collects articles dealing with a journey down a Himalayan river, dousing fires in the oil fields of Kuwait and chasing African killer bees.
- An American Traveler: True Tales of Adventure, Travel, and Sport by Randy Wayne White
- Comprises more than a dozen essays by former fishing guide and best-selling novelist Randy Wayne White. White dives with great white sharks in South Africa, hangs out in Australia with the Crocodile Hunter and jogs the Mayan ruins of Guatemala.
Useful Multi-Sport Websites
- MultiSport Vacations (http://www.gordonsguide.com)
- Promotes Adventure and Active Travel and the companies offering these services. Find multisports travel and Multi-Sport adventures by destination or activity.