Multi-Sport Tour Operators
- Bike Hike (http://www.bikehike.com, Tel. + 1 888 805 0061)
- Worldwide small group adventure travel and multisport tours in places like Costa Rica, New Zealand, Vietnam and Canada.
- The World Outdoors (http://www.theworldoutdoors.com, Tel. + 1 303-413-0938)
- Specializes in off-the-beaten-path hiking, biking and multi sport vacations.
- Backroads (http://www.backroads.com, Tel. + 1 800 462 2848)
- An active travel company offering more than 1,600 scheduled departures annually for bicyclists, walkers, hikers and multi sport enthusiasts.
- H20 Patagonia (http://www.h2opatagonia.com, Tel. + 1 866 525 2395)
- Guide team in the Futaleufu Valley, Patagonia operating multi sport adventures like whitewater rafting, kayaking and fly fishing.
- Escape Adventures (http://www.escapeadventures.com, Tel + 1 800 596 2953)
- Multi sport tour operator across the United States and in Belize also offering family and women’s only tours.
- Chilean Adventures (http://www.chileanadventures.com, Tel. + 56 9 9 5133193)
- World-class white water kayak and rafting, awesome trekking, incredible views and educational opportunities such as cultural trips and learning Spanish.
- Cape Extreme (http://www.cape-xtreme.com, Tel. +27 (0) 861 106 595)
- Provides adventure tours for all age groups with a mix of sightseeing, free time, culture and socialising in and around Cape Town, South Africa.
- Blue Green Adventures (http://www.bluegreenadventures.com, Tel. +56 (61) 410009)
- Family run tour operator based in Patagonia, Chile offering horse riding, kayaking, hiking and fishing in the Torres del Paine National Park.
- Adventure Sports Vacations (http://www.adventuresportsvacations.com, Tel. + 1 866 834 2102)
- Trips to the Caribbean, dive sites and Canadian Rockies combine luxury and style with fabulous locations and pursuits such as rafting, biking, diving and horse riding.
- Huck Finn Adventure Travel in Croatia (http://www.huck-finn.hr, Tel. +385 1 618 33 33)
- Takes you to Europe’s undiscovered adventure travel destination and also Slovenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Trek America (http://www.trekamerica.com, Tel. + 44 (0)208 772 3758)
- An ideal option for first time visitors to North America on guided wilderness hiking, whitewater rafting, horse riding, sea kayaking, mountain biking, swamp tours and canoe trips. Also operates in central and south America and Australia.
- Haka Tours New Zealand (http://www.hakatours.com, Tel. + 44 161 2733898)
- Extreme small group New Zealand tours from the snowy Southern Alps to the active volcanoes of the North.
- Duende Mayan Jungle Tours (http://www.onejungle.com, Tel. (512) 961-7024)
- Multi sport adventure travel in the Mayan World: Mexico, Belize and Guatemala.
- Coasts Mountains Costa Rica (http://www.coastsmountainscr.com, Tel. (506) 553-6569)
- Biking, kayaking, diving and more in Costa Rica.
- Extreme Adventures Vermont (http://www.extremeadventuresvt.com, Tel. 802 875 5626)
- Hiking, kayaking, snow shoeing, snow mobiling and other trips in Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts and New York.
If you wish to run your own multi sport vacation you will need a suitable amount of experience for the activities you wish to undertake. Never complete anything like this by yourself but make sure the ability of your companions matches or exceeds your own. You will need to have appropriate gear, medical equipment, safety procedures and abilities like map reading and wilderness camping.
Some operators actually will help you tailor your own trip or rent equipment to you. Some may even provide a drop-off and pick-up service for an additional cost.
Remember that on an organized tour the guide or support vehicle will be carrying all your gear and luggage. If you can get a back up crew that will help carry the main food or camping items, emergency supplies and tools, you only need a light day pack your for snacks, lunch and clothing.