Recommending Mountain Biking Books
- A Bike Ride: 12, 000 Miles Around the World by Anne Mustoe
- One woman’s travel adventures from here 12,000 mile journey circling the globe on her bike.
- Bicycling in Africa by David Mozer
- A general run through of Africa specific cycling information.
- The Complete Guide To Europe By Bicycle by Anthony Lambert.
- Published in 2006, this is one of the most complete guides for riding in Europe.
- Cycling Australia by Ian Duckworth
- Everything you need to know about riding in the Land Down Under.
- The Cyclist’s Training Manual: Fitness and Skills for Every Rider by Guy Andrews and Simon Doughty
- Workout routines and biking fitness for the serious cyclist
- It’s Not About the Bike: My Journey Back to Life by Lance Armstrong
- Detailed memoir of Lance Armstrong’s road to recovery from cancer and coming back to win the Tour de France.
- Latin America by Bike by Walter Sienko
- General info and country by country cycling details across Central and South America.
- Mountain Bike Action (http://www.mbaction.com)
- A highly graphic print and digital magazine for mountain bike enthusiasts. Bike tests, gear reviews, racing stats, and how-to features.
- Mountain Biking Magazine (http://www.mtbiking.com)
- One of the leading publications on mountain biking in the world today.
- The Mountain Biker’s Training Bible by Joe Friel
- All around information for training to be a better mountain bike rider.
- Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance by Lennard Zinn
- Manual of how to care, repair, and build your bike that manages to be entertaining and lively.
Useful Mountain Biking Websites
- Bicycle Touring 101 (http://www.bicycletouring101.com)
- Introductory resource for those considering bicycle touring.
- Club MTB (http://www.clubmtb.com)
- An online resource on mountain biking clubs worldwide. Easy way for club members to connect. Not free, but just a small fee.
- Dirt World (http://www.dirtworld.com)
- Trail guides, message boards, features, videos, photos, news, links, and racing information. One of the most complete mountain biking resources on the web.
- Mountain Bike Training (http://www.discovermountainbiking.com)
- An online encyclopedia of mountain bike training and education with photos, videos, links to bike shops, training methods, maintenance, and health.
- Travel With Bicycles (http://www.bikeaccess.net)
- How-to info on taking a bike on planes and trains anywhere on the globe.
- Trek Bikes (http://www.trekbikes.com)
- Apart from bike and product descriptions, this website from the world renown biking company has news, events, pro-team updates, blogs, articles, and training methods.
- Intrepid Challenges (http://www.intrepidchallenges.com)
- Great information on how to prepare for a bike tour in Asia.
- Mountain Bike Australia (http://www.mtba.asn.au)
- The website of Australia’s mountain biking governing body has forums, news, club information, trails, and events calendars.
- CTC (http://www.ctc.org.uk)
- The UK’s national cycling organization. Useful website has a getting started section, gear advice, message board, photos, and maps.
- Click here for Top 10 Mountain Biking Vacations - Overall