The bush is the African back country and home to the most fascinating, albeit desolate locations. Treks into the bush to see Africa’s rare…
The bush is the African back country and home to the most fascinating, albeit desolate locations. Treks into the bush to see Africa’s rare wildlife and isolated tribes are as fascinating as treks can possibly be. Your views on culture will be forever changed. Like Hemmingway’s lions on the beach your dreams will always point to Africa. From the edges of the Sahara in Morocco to the lush rainforest of Cameroon to the Kenyan savannas, this continent is home to some of the world’s most diverse landscapes.
- Kilamanjaro National Park, Tanzania Apart from the snow capped cone of Mount Kilimanjaro, the various routes take you through gorges and past Africa’s amazing wildlife.
- Volcanoes National Park, Rwanda Venture in the jungle and mountains with trackers to spot the world’s last remaining population of Mountain Gorillas.
- Israel National Trail, Israel From Dan on the Lebanese border to Eliat on the Red Sea, the national trail covers the entire length of this desert country.
- Fish River Canyon, Namibia One of the most popular hikes in Namibia. The five-day, 53 mile trek starts at the Main Viewpoint and ends at the hot springs of Ai-Ais.
- High Atlas Mountains, Morocco On these treks in the High Atlas south of Marrakech, you will literally rock the Kasbah while you traverse high passes and Berber villages.
- Mount Sinai, Egypt This biblical peak was where Moses was supposedly given two stone tablets from God with all the laws of mankind on them. The trek there is easy, just 3-3.5 hours over a dusty camel track to less than 9,845 feet.
- Tsavo National Park, Kenya Track game such as lions and elephants across this 110 mile walk in the largest national park in all of Africa.
- Kruger National Park, South Africa This excellent national park on the border with Mozambique is the most popular game park in the country and home to all of the big five.
- Chimanimani, Zimbabwe Zimbabwe’s Eastern highlands have difficult ascents matched by brilliant rewards such as waterfalls, protea forests, pastures, and caves.
- Garden Route, South Africa This five day trail along South Africa’s most picturesque coast is full of indigenous forests, mountain lakes, and wildlife divided among the three nature reserves it passes through.