Further Health, Wellness, and Spa Travel Information
- Spa Finder
- Glossy publication detailing all US spas, many which are available at low cost and contain all the Jacuzzis, rubdown tables, saunas, aerobics and scientifically measured meals.
- The Call to Hawaii: A Wellness Vacation Guidebook by Laura Crites and Betsy Crites
- A guidebook that covers health and wellness travel options throughout the state. There is a 400-page directory of some independent options, plus expert essays for the layperson on themes such as holistic and Oriental medicine, homeopathy, acupuncture, sound healing and massage techniques.
- It’s Not About the Horse! by Wyatt Webb
- Wyatt Webb uses his knowledge of horses in a revolutionary form of therapy. He asks clients to do a few simple tasks with horses which in essence reveal what is going on in their lives - the interaction with the horse serves as a mirror to one’s relationships with other human beings. He has a few ground skills that will keep you safe and help you deal with your demons.
- YOU: The Owner’s Manual: An Insider’s Guide to the Body that Will Make You Healthier and Younger by Michael F. Roizen and Mehmet Oz
- The authors give a guided tour of the body’s anatomy and major systems with some interesting trivia and a lot of humor. They aim to get you understanding how your body works and teach ways of preserving health and youthfulness.
- Health and Wellness by Gordon Edlin and Eric Golanty
- Gives specific tips and aids to help people improve their health habits with a lot of life skills to enhance quality and longevity of life with a holistic perspective covering the physical, emotional, mental, social, environmental and spiritual components with a central theme of self-responsibility for one’s behavior.
- Ultimate Spa: Asia’s Best Spas And Spa Treatments by Judy Chapman and Luca Invernizzi Tettoni
- A guide to the best spas in Asia highlighting locations in India, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Thailand, Bali, Malaysia, Taiwan and the Philippines. The first part of the book introduces the spas, gives tip regarding facilities and the treatments offered. The second half explains the treatments including traditional Chinese medicine, Ayurveda, yoga, Reiki and meditation.
- Spa Seekers (http://www.spaseekers.com)
- Central website with advice and a reservation booking service for health farms, health spas, luxury health spa resorts, day spas and spa breaks.
- Spa Magazine (http://www.spamagazine.com)
- A source of information on healthy living, travel and renewal. Contains spa basics and therapies.
- Spa Finder (http://www.spafinder.com)
- A global resource for finding spas.