Suggested Tour Operators
- HIT Health Improvement Tours (http://www.hit-polen.com, Tel. + 48 (22) 757 6688)
- Health tours, treatments, spas and medical treatment in Poland for less than the cost elsewhere in Europe.
- Healing Tours (http://www.healingtours.com, Tel. + 61 7 410 600 480)
- Take a refreshing tour of Tasmania or Bali with a naturopathic expert.
- inspa UK (http://www.inspa-retreats.com, Tel. + 44 (0) 845 458 0723)
- UK based travel company specializing in health retreats, with the emphasis on improved well-being and fitness.
- Med-tour (http://med-tour.eu)
- Offers medical and health tourism in Europe including SPA and wellness, sanatorium and healthcare tours.
- A Spa to Life (http://www.aspatolife.com, Tel. + 44 0870 777 9220)
- Offers a huge range of spa breaks in Hungary, Austria, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Italy, France, Belgium and Barbados.
It’s easy enough to plan and book a health and wellness vacation. You could book yourself into an ashram in India, book a spa treatment at your local beauty or sports clinic, find a local masseuse for regular visits or better still organize your own home spa treatment. You don’t need a lot of equipment and there are plenty of books that can help you work out what you have to do. For example a simple steam bath can be perfected by placing your head over a bowl of hot water with a few aromatic herbs thrown in.
Another home treatment could be a luxury bath with candles and aromatic scents, putting on a facial mask made from natural ingredients, doing your own detox diet or even trying out new healthy meals with friends.