Further Golfing Travel Information
- Extreme Golf: The World’s Most Unusual, Fantastic and Bizarre Courses by Duncan Lennard
- Lennard explores some of the most unusual golf courses in the world from freezing ice golfing in Greenland to the grass less courses of Kabul, Afghanistan.
- Fifty Places to Play Golf Before You Die: Golf Experts Share the World’s Greatest Destinations by Chris Santella
- A highly photographic book about many of the world’s best and most exotic courses as told from many of the world’s great golfers.
- The Game Before the Game: The Perfect 30-Minute Practice by Lynn Marriott, Pia Nilsson, and Ron Sirak
- Easy drills for practicing your swing and putts before getting on the course.
- Golf Courses of the World: 365 Days by Robert Sidorsky
- This book outlines 365 of the most impressive and exotic golf courses known to man. Includes courses such as Pebble Beach and Royal Melbourne in Australia, as well as lesser known courses in Southeast Asia, Africa, and South America.
- Golf Magazine
- The leading golfing publication in North America. Features written by experts, columns from the pros, and special editions for travel, women, and equipment.
- The New Yorker Book of Golf Cartoons by Robert Mankoff
- If you love Golf and New Yorker cartoons, then you’ll love this book that compiles hundreds of cartons on golf that have been featured in the magazine over the years.
- Tales from Q School: Inside Golf’s Fifth Major by John Feinstein
- The Q School is better known as the qualifying rounds of the PGA tour. The book outlines the grueling nature of the tournament with stories, historical events, and interviews.
- Date A Golfer (http://www.dateagolfer.com)
- Online golf community developed specifically to help people expand their golf network, more specifically through dating.
- Golf.com (http://www.golf.com)
- Tournament golf coverage plus sections for courses and travel, instruction, site membership services and promotional offers.
- The Golf Channel (http://www.thegolfchannel.com)
- Homepage of the Golf with live golf scores, news, tournament coverage, instruction, contests, stats, shopping and more.
- Asian Golf Monthly (http://www.asiangolfmonthly.com)
- A monthly magazine that is the leading voice for golfing in Asia. Comprehensive website has many of the features of the magazine with extensive archives. If you are looking to golf on the Asian continent this is a good place to start planning.
- Golf Australia (http://www.golfaustralia.org.au)
- The peak body responsible for golf in Australia has a comprehensive website comprised of news highlights, association information, and a coaching and club directory.
- British Golf Museum (http://www.britishgolfmuseum.co.uk)
- The official website for the British Golf Museum based in St Andrews, Scotland near the R&A Club House and the Old Course. A great place to learn about the history of the game.
- Federation of European Golf Greenskeepers Association (http://www.fegga.org)
- Umbrella body of greenskeeping associations across Europe that includes news, links, course listings, newsletters, and scholarship programs.
- Golf Europe (http://www.golfeurope.com)
- Wide range of information about golfing in Europe including course directories, reviews of clubs, and history.
- Scottish Golf History (http://www.scottishgolfhistory.net)
- History and current details of oldest golfing locations in Scotland and oldest golf clubs and societies.
- PGA (http://www.pga.com)
- Get golf information, golf tournament updates and golf news from the official site of the PGA of America.