Preparing for Your Exotic Honeymoons Trip
If you’ve had a stressful build up to the wedding and all that entails, you will really want your honeymoon to go as smoothly and be as relaxed as possible. It’s never too early to start planning. It can be frustrating with so much information and advertisements being pushed at you, so give it a lot of thought. Ask your newlywed friends for advice as a first step.
Choosing where to go and booking your honeymoon vacation can be one of the most enjoyable parts of organizing your wedding. Use it as a stress release from wedding planning. Set a timeline to help you plan and break it into manageable parts so it will minimize on any problems on disappointments.
You should try and make reservations as far ahead in advance as possible, then make sure you have all the passports, visas and vaccinations that you need. Then sort out your luggage, plan your wardrobe (including the lingerie), get any necessary travel guidebooks and arrange care for pets, mail and your jobs at home. You may also wish to get a phrasebook and learn any useful phrases of the language of your destination.
Once you obtain your marriage license you can confirm your reservations, pack your bags, throw in a camera, birth control, collect your tickets, take your cash and get underway.
Gear Requirements/Packing lists
Packing can be a tedious process but needs careful consideration and should not be forgotten in all the stress of the actual wedding day, particularly if you are leaving straight after the reception.
Before you pack, think about what you will be doing on your honeymoon. Are you hiking, playing golf, lying on a beach or snorkeling? Different sports have their own equipment and you may need to bring some of it with you eg. hiking shoes, exercise clothes etc.
The clothing you take on your honeymoon will be very location and climate specific and tailored to your itinerary. However you will definitely want a few dressy items for those romantic dinners you plan to have. Find an appropriate sized suitcase for the length of your stay and pack outfits that can be mixed and matched. It will be nice to dress up all the time but you should only need one jacket or sweater, a few versatile bottoms and tops that don’t require a lot of space.
If you’re concerned about weight allowances check with your airline what you can take with you. Try to throw in a few honeymoon specials in your luggage like candles, massage oil, sexy lingerie, silk boxers, fake rose petals, champagne or wine, chocolates, bubble bath, special music, bath oils or even linen mist spray to refresh your room.
Make sure you leave all expensive or precious valuables at home.
- Modern Bride
- A magazine that serves as the complete wedding planning guide with features on bridal fashions, etiquette, home decorating, entertaining and honeymoons.
- Special Places to Stay (http://www.specialplacestostay.com)
- The ideal guidebook for finding a unique location for your honeymoon. A range of titles covering Europe, Asia and Africa provide a real variety of special accommodation to choose from.
- The Knot Guide to Destination Weddings by Carley Roney
- The destination wedding is the latest big trend to hit weddings. This book will help you plan the long distance wedding on a Caribbean beach or in the Italian countryside. They break down the process of legal and practical considerations, provide checklists and insightful advice.
- Condenast Traveler
- A luxury vacation magazine with regular features on honeymoon or other romantic destinations.
- Islands Weddings
- If you are seeking a sun, sand and surf honeymoon then Islands Weddings magazine is the publication to seek.
- 100 Best U.S. Wedding Destinations by Kathryn Gabriel Loving
- Includes venues chosen for their picturesque settings, varied amenities, reputation for good service and access to wedding vendors in locations such as a glacier in Alaska, a hacienda in New Mexico, a chapel railcar in Wisconsin or a lighthouse in North Carolina.
- The Ultimate Guide to the World’s Best Wedding & Honeymoon Destinations by Elizabeth Lluch
- Offers 300 pages of in-depth information and stunning photography on over 200 of the most popular wedding and honeymoon destinations from around the globe.
- 100 Best Romantic Resorts of the World, 5th by Katharine D. Dyson
- One hundred of the best, but not necessarily the most expensive, resorts, hotels, and inns in the world. These 100 choices are included for their romance, ambience and service.
- The Honeymoon of Your Dreams by Walt, M.D. Larimore and Susan, M.D. Crockett
- This book will help you put thought into the honeymoon rather than simply plan the wedding. These two physicians go everything from the birth-control options, a calendar for travel arrangements, medications to have on hand to God’s design for the honeymoon.
- Destination Bride: A complete guide to planning your wedding anywhere in the world by Lisa Light
- A guide to take you through the details of planning a destination wedding with tips on selecting the location, checklists, exciting wedding locales and more.
- Honeymoons About.com (http://honeymoons.about.com)
- Can show you the best honeymoon places, help you pack and plan for a honeymoon.
- Love Tripper (http://www.lovetripper.com)
- Online travel magazine with stories featuring worldwide romantic and honeymoon destinations.
- Arthur Frommer’s Budget Travel magazine (http://www.budgettravel.com)
- Travel guides, travel tips and advice on trip planning, restaurant recommendations and accommodation.
- Honeymoon Forums (http://www.honeymoonforums.com)
- Vacation forums for discussing honeymoon locations, packages, cruises and getaways.
- Honeymooners Reviewer Guide (http://honeymoonersreviewguide.com)
- Features resorts, destination ideas, gives packing lists and planning advice to honeymooning couples.