Content Produced in Partnership with AccorHotels
Montreal is a city full of culture, vibrant arts and tasty food. Beaming with character and tons of festivals all year round, it’s a Canadian hotspot that is worth a visit. From the Queen Elizabeth’s John Lennon room for music lovers and Beatles fans to new world museums and old world charm — no matter what your passion may be, music, art, food, history, shopping or architecture, this spirited city has something unique for every traveler to experience. If the Seeker Project suggests you visit Montreal, as it did for Bri, from Design Love Fest, we know these top eight things that will push you to go! Book your stay at the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth and prepare to experience one of the top destinations of 2019.
Here are the top eight reasons you need to visit Montréal:
1. The Notre Dame Basilica, Montréal — this beautiful, grand Gothic revival basilica was built in 1824 with only the soul of the man who built it resting in its crypt.
3. Old Montréal — this charming cobblestone neighborhood dates all the way back to the 17th century, dotted with delicious French restaurants, museums and boutique shops.
4. Olympic Park — inaugurated in 1976 for the Olympic games, this Olympic Stadium’s 45-degree angled tower is the tallest in the world.
5. John Lennon and Yoko Ono’s Give Peace a Chance History — the Queen Elizabeth’s famous suite 1742 was the spot where Lennon and Yoko Ono spent a week recording the iconic, worldwide peace anthem ‘Give Peace a Chance’.
6. Jardin Botanique — a stunning garden and retreat from the city, filled with cultural exhibitions and fresh blooms.