Book Your Hotel:
Long a favorite of tourists and Alaskans, The Van Gilder Hotel is a National Historic Landmark built in 1916, which has been tastefully restored to reflect its early Alaska history. You will find the Van Gilder a quiet, non-smoking, impeccably clean and comfortable inn. Brass beds and period antiques allow guests to enjoy the authentic Victorian charm of an early century hotel. For your comfort we also feature modern amenities such as in-room phones, cable TV and private baths. The convenient location of The Van Gilder in downtown Seward allows you access to many area attractions: the Sealife Center, the Seward Museum of History and Art, local gift shops and restaurants, and the waterfront. Other area attractions include Kenai Fjords National Park, Exit Glacier, as well as many fishing and recreational opportunities found in Resurrection Bay. The Van Gilder Hotel is located in the heart of Historic Downtown Seward.
- Business Center
- Concierge Desk
- City Center
- 24 Hour Front Desk
- Ice Machine
- High speed internet access
- Maid Service
- Outdoor Parking
- Free Airport Shuttle
- Wake-up Service
- Standard Pension
- Dormitory style room with facilities in the hall with private sink in each room with one queen bed. Cable TV and phone in each room.
- Standard Room
- This room offers either a queen, queen and twin murphy or two double beds. Private bath with shower, cable TV and phone. ***To better facilitate SPECIFY NUMBER OF BEDS IN ROOM***
- Family Suite
- Our suites have two queen beds and a twin size murphy bed. The private bath with shower is located in the main room. Cable TV and bath. Bay or Mountain view.
- View Room Queen
- Queen bed and twin size murphy bed. Private bath with shower, cable TV and phone. City or Mountain View. 3rd floor NO ELEVATOR
- Check-in: 03:00:00
- Check-out: 12:00:00
- Hotel Currency: USD (American Dollars)
- Number of Floors: 3
- Number of Rooms: 23
Directions and Area Information
- Restaurant / Dining Information
- -The Crab Pot - Steak/Seafood Across street - 4PM to 11PM -The Harbor Dinner Club - Steak/Seafood 2Blks - 11AM to 11PM -Rays Restaurant - Steak/Seafood 1M - 11AM to 11PM -Christos Palace - Greek/Italian 2Blks - 11AM to 11PM -Apol
- Area Attractions
Deposit: 22May2009 to 31Dec2020 - 100% deposit due at booking for stays of 1 night. 2 night deposit due at booking for stays of 2 nights or more.
Cancel 48 Hour Before Arrival. Cancellation penalty is %100.00 of one night's stay not including tax. Cancel 48 hours prior to arrival to avoid 100 percent charge of reservation plus tax.