Book Your Hotel:
Romantic hide-a-way just 10 minutes outside of the medieval city walls of Murten and its lake. Less than 30 minutes from the cities and convention centers of Bern, Neuchatel and Bienne, within its own large park, garden, and pond. The property has its own romanesque chapel (ideal for weddings) dating back to the 12th century. The late baroque main building, originally built as a monastery, now houses the hotel's lobby, bar, historic restaurant, banquet and reception rooms, modern meeting facilities, and the hotel's boutique castle suites. Most standard rooms are located in the modern annex, built in 1990. The hotel is owned and maintained as an historic landmark by the Canton (state) of Bern and has been accepted as a member of Boutique Hotels & Resorts International in March 2002.
Location DescriptionMurten-Muenchenwiler, BE, CH-1797, Switzerland2 KM from Murten, Switzerland
- AM/FM Alarm Clock
- Babysitting/Child Services
- Business Center
- 24 Hour Front Desk
- Handicapped Rooms/Facilities
- Free Parking
- Hairdryers Available
- Modem Lines in Room
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Pets Allowed
- Room Service
- Laundry/Valet Services
- Standard Single
- Standard Single Room with shower, radio, Internet Access and located on a lower floor. Maximum occupancy 1.
- Special Room
- Special Rooms provide access and facilities for the physically challenged guest. These rooms have a shower, radio, Internet Access, and are located on lower floors. Maximum occupancy 1.
- Standard Twin
- Standard Twin Room with shower, radio, Internet Access and located on lower floor. Maximum occupancy 2.
- Standard Twin 3
- Standard Room with Three Twin Beds, shower, radio, Internet Access and located on a lower floor. Maximum occupancy 3.
- Standard King
- Standard King Room with shower, radio, Internet Access and located on lower floor. Maximum occupancy 2.
- Superior Twin
- Superior, Large Twin-Bedded Rooms with Shower, Separate WC, Radio, Internet Access. Maximum occupancy 3.
- Junior Suite
- Junior Suite with full bathroom, jacuzzi, TV, Radio, Mini Bar, Internet Access. Junior Suites are located int eh Baroque Castle Wing. Maximum occupancy 2.
- Castle Suite
- Castle Suite/Honeymoon Suite with King Size Bed, Whirlpool Shower, Living Room, TV, CD-Player, Radio, Mini Bar, Internet Access, Spectacular View. Maximum occupancy 2.
- Check-in: 12:00:00
- Check-out: 10:00:00
- Hotel Currency: CHF (Swiss Francs)
- Number of Floors: 4
- Number of Rooms: 42
- Meeting Rooms
Directions and Area Information
- Schloss Restaurant
- Located indoors in main building. Serving regional and Swiss cuisine. Breakfast (8AM-10AM), Lunch (12PM-2PM), Dinner (6PM-10PM). Dress code: Business to semi-formal.
- Terrace Restaurant
- Located outdoors (May-Oct) on Terrace in main building. Serving regional and Swiss cuisine. Breakfast (8AM-10AM), Lunch (12PM-2PM), Dinner (6PM-10PM). Dress code: Casual to casual-elegant.
- American Bar
- Located in main building. Hours: 5PM to Midnight. Does not serve food. Dress code: Business to semi-formal.
- Nearby Cities & Attractions
Deposit of 1 nights stay + tax required at time of booking. Guarantee for late arrival required. Non-guaranteed reservations held until 12:00 pm.
Cancellations must be made 3 days prior to arrival date to avoid fee of 1 nights room + tax. No Show fee is charge of full stay + tax.