Book Your Hotel:
Located in the heart of Old San Juan, El Convento, a member of Historic Hotels of America and Small Luxury Hotel's of the World, has set new standards of luxury, comfort and service while preserving the unique character and mystique of the hotel. A former Carmelite convent built three hundred years ago, El Convento was completely refurbished with special attention given to the preservation of the original structure. Each of the 58 rooms and suites recreates Spain's golden age while the entertainment system, multi-line telephones and modern bathrooms fulfill the needs of today's traveler. Relax by the pool and enjoy the magnificent view from the terrace while you sip a glass of wine. Dining is a constant joy at El Convento. From the casual patio restaurant to the regal splendor of the Jose Campeche ballroom you will enjoy a true culinary delight. All rates are subject to 9 percent government tax to be applied to the sum of the room rate plus the 12 percent service charge, not included in the rate. 35.00USD additional per night plus taxes for each extra adult in room (12 years or older). Rollaway bed 35.00USD additional per night plus taxes. Not included in rate.
Location DescriptionLocated in Old San Juan Center.
- AM/FM Alarm Clock
- Babysitting/Child Services
- Coffee Maker in Room
- 24 Hour Front Desk
- Handicapped Rooms/Facilities
- Express Checkout
- Hairdryers Available
- Modem Lines in Room
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Safe Deposit Box
- Shops/Commercial Services
- Fitness Center or Spa
- Television with Cable
- Laundry/Valet Services
- Queen Moderate
- This deluxe accommodation has a limited view of the city and queen or full size bed. Sleeps 2.
- Queen Standard
- This deluxe accommodation has a queen bed and city view. Sleeps 2.
- Double Standard
- This deluxe accommodation has 2 double beds and city view. Sleeps 4.
- Twin Standard
- This deluxe accommodation has 2 twin beds and city view. Sleeps 2.
- Queen Superior
- This deluxe accommodation has a queen bed, partial bay and city view. Sleeps 2.
- Queen Deluxe
- This deluxe accommodation has a queen bed and bay view. Sleeps 2.
- Double Deluxe
- This deluxe accommodation has 2 double beds and bay view. Sleeps 4.
- Twin Deluxe
- This deluxe accommodation has 2 twin beds and bay view. Sleeps 2.
- One bedroom suite with king bed and views. Sleeps 4.
- Run of House
- Run Of House Room- room type assigned upon arrival.
- Check-in: 03:00:00
- Check-out: 12:00:00
- Hotel Currency: USD (American Dollars)
- Number of Floors: 5
- Number of Rooms: 58
- On-Site Meeting Facilities
Directions and Area Information
- On-Site Food and Beverage
- PATIO DEL NISPERO When you have an appetite for a gourmet meal in casual yet elegant surroundings, relax in the open-air Patio del Nispero, located in the stately courtyard of El Convento. Alfresco dining has never been so tasteful. Open daily for lunch. - Located: On Site, In Courtyard - Serves: Continental Cuisine - Lunch: 1130 - 1500 - Rating: n/a - Dress Code: Casual EL PICOTEO Rated as one of Old San Juan's finest dining experiences, El Picoteo, overlooking the open-air courtyard will tantalize you with the house specialty, tapas, a true culinary delight. A destination for local epicures and travelers alike, El Picoteo heats up the dining scene. Open Tuesday - Sunday for lunch and dinner. - Located: Off Site - Serves: Spanish Tapas - Lunch: 1200 - 1500 - Dinner: 1500 - 0000 - Rating: n/a - Dress Code: Business Casual CAFE BOHEMIO Hip, upscale Café Bohemio succeeds by marrying an innovative menu, fabulous homemade desserts, live music Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings to an engaging atmosphere. Café Bohemio merits the distinction of being the place to be and be seen in Old San Juan. Open daily for lunch, dinner and late-night entertaining. - Located: Off Site - Serves: Caribbean Cuisine - Lunch: 1130 - 1500 - Dinner: 1500 - 0000 - Rating: n/a - Dress Code: Business Casual BLUE AGAVE Savor Mexican fare with a truly Latin twist at the Blue Agave Tequila Bar & Grill. The casually elegant cafe offers dining delights and people watching too at its lively outdoor patio. - Located: Off Site - Serves: Mexican Cuisine - Lunch: 1130 - 1500 - Dinner: 1500 - 0000 - Rating: n/a - Dress Code: Business Casual
- Attractions Located Nearby
A deposit of 1 night stay is required at time of booking and your credit card will be charged. Seasonal Policies-December Holidays-New Year, President's Day Wknd and other special events: Non-refundable deposit of the entire stay required at booking.
Cancel 3 days prior to arrival to avoid a penalty of 1 nts stay and tax. No-show fee is 1 nights stay and tax. December Holidays-New Year, President's Day Wknd and other special events-cancellations not accepted, deposits are non-refundable.