Quad Cities is known for its wealth of festivals and we always find something to celebrate. How about music, food, beer, and art? How about Hispanic, German and Celtic celebrations, or Bald Eagles and Great White Pelicans? We celebrate them all! Find our more on our calendar of events at www.visitquadcities.com or order a FREE Visitors Guide online.
Now where are the Quad Cities? The Quad Cities line the Mississippi riverbanks with Illinois on one side and Iowa on the other. The Quads are made up of the historic riverfront cities of Davenport and Bettendorf, Iowa; Rock Island and Moline/East Moline, Illinois; along with smaller surrounding communities including LeClaire, Iowa. This region is the largest metropolitan area on the Mississippi between Minneapolis, Minnesota, and St. Louis, Missouri - and it’s just a 2 ½ hour drive from Chicago, Illinois.
WHAT YOU WON’T FIND ANYWHERE ELSE! Each city offers its own history and vibe and along with that comes their own attractions and festivals. Where else do you get two states and four (five?) cities in one destination?
Here are some other things you won’t find anywhere else…
- John Deere Pavilion – One of Illinois’s most popular attractions
- Deere Family Mansions – Tour these beautiful homes and their gardens
- Deere & Company World Headquarters – Visit the exhibit and beautiful grounds
- Deere Combine Factory Tours – tour the factory and watch a combine made from start to finish
- Rock Island Arsenal – largest Island on the upper Mississippi River
- Black Hawk State Historic Site & John Hauberg Indian Museum
- Four Micro-Breweries (Front Street, Great River, Blue Cat and Bent River)
- Mississippi River Distilling Company
- American Pickers (Made Famous by the series American Pickers on the History Channel)
- Great River Trail – 62 miles of paved riverfront biking trails from Rock Island, IL to Savanna, IL
- Bix Beiderbecke Memorial Jazz Festival (Famous musician from the Quad Cities that is celebrated with this annual festival that brings people from around the world)
- Lagomarcino’s (100+ year old Soda Fountain, candy and ice cream shop)
- Whitey’s Ice Cream
- Rock Island Grand Prix – largest and only kart race of its kind in the United States
- Karpeles Manuscript Museum – one of only 12 in the U.S.
- Backwater Gamblers Water Ski Shows
- TPC Deere Run Tournament Players Golf Course (home of the John Deere Classic PGA Tour Event)
What Else Will You Find?
- Riverboat Cruises & Channel Cat Water Taxis
- Art, Science, History, Manuscript Museums (Over 10 museums)
- Niabi Zoo (come see the elephants, giraffes, lions, tigers and more)
- Three Casinos (Isle, Rhythm and Jumer’s)
- Miles and miles of biking and mountain biking trails
- Water trails on the Mississippi River
- Art Galleries & Art Studios
- Historic Shopping Districts & Antiques Stores
- Dinner Theatre, Independent Theatre, Broadway, Ballet, Symphony, Concerts
- Botanical Centers & Public Gardens
- 20+ Public Golf Courses
- Guided and Self Guided Tours
- Comedy Clubs
- Forest Preserves and Parks
- Baseball, Hockey and Drag Racing